> Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:38:39 -0700
> From: Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com>
> To: Eric Sandeen <sand...@sandeen.net>
> Cc: a...@lists.fedoraproject.org, Test Fedora
> <test@lists.fedoraproject.org>, x...@oss.sgi.com
> Subject: Re: [fedora-arm] XFS on Fedora i686, armv7hl
>

> On Feb 27, 2014, at 8:06 AM, Eric Sandeen <sand...@sandeen.net> wrote:
>
>> On 2/26/14, 11:37 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Fedora is considering XFS as their default file system. They support
>>> three primary architectures: x86_64, i686, and armv7hl. Do XFS devs
>>> have any reservations about XFS as a default file system on either
>>> i686, or arm?
>>
>> As Dave said, we rely on others to do ARM testing for the most part,
>> though I've certainly jumped in and debugged some issues from time
>> to time.
>>
>> It'd be super if Fedora could run the xfstests test suite on arm
>> as part of QE. I'd be more than happy to help get that started
>> if people are interested.
>
> I don't know that Fedora QA has the resources to do this, but I'll cc the
> Fedora test@ (QA) arm@ lists. If these are highly automatable tests it might
> be possible, if they have the hardware. More likely I think it's that we need
> some ARM community folks to look at splitting up some of this work.
>
> I'm not sure yet what concerns the ARM group might have with XFS either as
> this hasn't been decided, but the Fedora Server product working group is
> slightly leaning toward XFS by default. Performance and CPU hit wise on
> x86_64, XFS seems to match up well with ext4 and maybe even a bit better
> ratio of throughput/CPUtime for booting workload (systemd is parallel!) so if
> were the same on ARM XFS could work out slightly better for them.
>

> Chris Murphy

Is there somewhere where the current test cases for xfs reside?

I can test on both physical arm h/w and in a virtualized environment on arm.
However, for
the most part, arm32 doesn't use Anaconda; images are generated by Releng with
kickstarts.
That said, I can spin up some test images and post them if there is enough
interest.

John.