Have I missed some sort of announcement concerning the distribution packaging changes starting with Fedora 21?

Where is the equivalent of this http://mirror.web-ster.com/fedora/releases/20/Fedora/x86_64/iso/Fedora-20-x86_64-DVD.iso for Fedora 21. All of the current isos under TCx and RC1 are for live, workstation, server, and "spins".

Is the new direction forcing the use of netinstall for a general input when you do a kickstart?

There is nothing wrong with this approach it is just that was not aware it was being done.

I believe I may rethink my approch to installation and move away from depending on kickstart.

Gene