On Thu, 2014-11-20 at 15:27 -0700, Bodhi Zazen wrote:
> Thank you for the detailed explanation Adam.
>
> Moving forward, perhaps consider either making it easier to swap out
> the releases for put what is the best command on a wiki page to swap
> between releases for those who wish to swap between cloud and say
> workstation or no product.
>
> I am even willing to edit the wiki page (as long as I have the
> necessary privileges) and add in a suggestion to swap. Personally I
> used yum, but if there is a better option or something different I
> should use for XFCE I would ask guidance before editing the wiki page.

I don't honestly expect the 'swap product' case to be that common,
except for one specific subset - escaping from 'cloud' if you got it
pulled in somehow, which mostly affects people running pre-releases. Why
else is it likely someone's going to want to 'swap' an existing install?
It doesn't *really* turn an install from one product into another - even
if you construct a valid yum swap command to 'swap' from Workstation to
Server, say, you're still going to have the actual Workstation packages
installed.

AFAICS it's mostly only useful to 'fix up' an install which has somehow
got the 'wrong' product package installed.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey