> I feel that for something as important as system upgrade, we should provide a
> better level of quality and assurance for upgrading across 2 releases.
> Currently we have no criterion and testing it is just an afterthought, not
> even tracked anywhere. I'd like to amend the existing criterion to include
> N-2 release as well, i.e.:
>
> "For each one of the release-blocking package sets, it must be possible to
> successfully complete an upgrade from a fully updated installation of any of
> the two previous stable Fedora releases with that package set installed."
> (language corrections very welcome)

During QA meeting, people were generally in favor of this idea. I was asked to
check with Will Woods, system-upgrade maintainer. I did that, and he has no
objections. He says it's no extra work for him and that the most work is needed
from package maintainers when designing dependencies, scriptlets, etc. This is
something to consider as well, but I think we implicitly want all packages to
be upgradable forward (even when skipping a release). And I don't remember any
issues with this lately.

Does someone have some additional concerns about this?

Thanks,
Kamil