On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 13:28 -0500, Richard Ryniker wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 07:52:47 -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>
> > I've upgraded several family members directly from Fedora 21 to Fedora 23
> > in the last week with no issues whatsoever (of course, I also curate
> > their repository selection, so they don't end up with incompatible
> > packages).
>
> Aye, there's the rub.  It is not just update from an "original"
> installation of N-2 to N, it is update from N-2 plus whatever additional
> repository packages were installed plus additional non-repository
> software and user configuration that you want to upgrade.

Not really. We have never really gone to any lengths to test or support
N-1 upgrades with 3rd party repositories or non-repo software either.
That's a different question.

> Of course, these considerations also apply to the single-release upgrade.
> The situation just gets worse the farther back one goes.

I'm not really sure that logically follows. Why does the situation
inevitably 'get worse' for N-2 upgrade?

Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
http://www.happyassassin.net