> > Adding that text to the packaging guidelines seems like a sensible
> > idea, yep. You'd have to propose it in an FPC ticket, that's the
> > procedure for packaging guideline changes IIRC.
>
> After discussing this on the packaging mailing list, it seems we don't need
> any modifications of the packaging guidelines:
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/packaging%40lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/TAJRGAWPDKBKXUM2M5Y4MG44TEKCYC7J/
>
> After further consideration, I've also created a FESCo ticket to officially
> approve this:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1534

The ticket is not yet updated, but the request was approved:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/fesco/fesco.2016-01-22-17.02.log.html

The new test cases are already in place, we just need to change milestone:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:Installation_test_matrix#Upgrade

They use our updated terminology of "current" and "previous" Fedora release. To
keep things consistent, I propose to change the current criterion [1]:
"For each one of the release-blocking package sets, it must be possible to
successfully complete an upgrade from a fully updated installation of the
previous stable Fedora release with that package set installed. "
into
"For each one of the release-blocking package sets, it must be possible to
successfully complete an upgrade from a fully updated installation of the
current and previous stable Fedora release with that package set installed. "

References section would get updated with a link to this thread. The criterion
itself does not mention that by upgrade we mean a direct upgrade (not one by
one release). If you think it's not clear enough, I can add some wording to the
criterion (phrasing suggestions welcome) or add another description section
below it.

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_24_Beta_Release_Criteria#Upgrade_requirements