On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 09:18 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > > Adding that text to the packaging guidelines seems like a sensible
> > > idea, yep. You'd have to propose it in an FPC ticket, that's the
> > > procedure for packaging guideline changes IIRC.
> >
> > After discussing this on the packaging mailing list, it seems we don't need
> > any modifications of the packaging guidelines:
> > https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/packaging%40lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/TAJRGAWPDKBKXUM2M5Y4MG44TEKCYC7J/
> >
> > After further consideration, I've also created a FESCo ticket to officially
> > approve this:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1534
>
> The ticket is not yet updated, but the request was approved:
> https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/teams/fesco/fesco.2016-01-22-17.02.log.html
>
> The new test cases are already in place, we just need to change milestone:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:Installation_test_matrix#Upgrade
>
> They use our updated terminology of "current" and "previous" Fedora release.
> To keep things consistent, I propose to change the current criterion [1]:
> "For each one of the release-blocking package sets, it must be possible to
> successfully complete an upgrade from a fully updated installation of the
> previous stable Fedora release with that package set installed. "
> into
> "For each one of the release-blocking package sets, it must be possible to
> successfully complete an upgrade from a fully updated installation of the
> current and previous stable Fedora release with that package set installed. "
>
> References section would get updated with a link to this thread. The
> criterion itself does not mention that by upgrade we mean a direct upgrade
> (not one by one release). If you think it's not clear enough, I can add some
> wording to the criterion (phrasing suggestions welcome) or add another
> description section below it.
>
> [1]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_24_Beta_Release_Criteria#Upgrade_requirements

I think the only problem with that is that in the criteria pages I tend
to use 'current release' to refer to the release under test. You might
need to search through the criteria pages for other occurrences of
terms like "current" and "previous" and reconcile those, too -
basically come up with some consistent terms and make sure they're all
used consistently throughout all three pages.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey