Von: Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net>
An: For testing and quality assurance of Fedora releases
<test@lists.fedoraproject.org>
Verschickt: Mi, 9 Nov 2016 3:04 am
Betreff: Re: It's F24, but possibly concerns more Fxx, Kernel dnf update ->
grub>

On 11/08/2016 10:33 AM, Joerg Lechner wrote:> I can only look with F23(F25)
into the config file of F24, because since> my update today the boot stops with
"grub>". The config file says:> # Automatically generated file; DO NOT EDIT.> #
Linux/x86_64 4.8.6-201.fc24.x86_64 Kernel Configuration>> It's the same as You
have. In this case I don't understand this> behaviour of my installation. If
it's not of general interest, I will do> a new installation of F24, which
causes no problem for me.Am I understanding correctly that you don't get the
grub menu at all? At first I was thinking it was just not booting the latest
kernel.  If that's the case, then you will most likely need to boot a live
image or better an installer with the rescue mode (net installer works), chroot
to the system and run grub2-mkconfig with the appropriate options or
test-le...@lists.fedoraproject.org