    > Hello, everybody, the following file does not compile well in
    > pdflatex as well as in the chain latex ->dvips > pstopdf.

    > however, using latex > dvips > ps2ps oldfile newfile > pstopdf
    > everything is o.k.

What is pstopdf?  Google pointed me to a Mac OS X program.  Or do you
mean ps2pdf provided by ghostscript?

Nevertheless, it does not make any differnce for me whether I run
latex -> dvips or pdflatex, it always looks broken.

Can you send me a pdf file which shows the desired output?

    > I am using tetex 2.0.2-22 and gs 8.01 from debian testing,
    > xymtex is from a older miktex distribution.

It is quite advantageous to use the latest version of xymtex from
CTAN.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha                                      Phone: +49-511-4592165
Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                              mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]