On Feb 11, 2005, at 5:15 PM, Jean-Sebastien Roy wrote:

I recently installed teTeX 3.0 on a FreeBSD computer (completly wiping the
fine, a strange bug occurs while using babel & amsart.

For example when rendering (with pdflatex) this short document :

\documentclass[frenchb]{amsart}
\usepackage{babel}
\begin{document}
\title{Tata}
\maketitle
Hello.
\newpage
World.
\end{document}

The word "french" is prepended to the title at the top of the second page so
it read "frenchTata" instead of "Tata". The same problem happens with other
langage (german for example).
The problem did not occur in any previous version of teTeX.

Hi co-listers.

For those of you who need the combination
amsart+babel in a non-english language, and
are annoyed by the running title bug (i.e.,
you get a running title like
"italianSHORTTITLE OF THE PAPER" instead of
"SHORTTITLE OF THE PAPER" as expected),
I have a quick fix: just add after \maketitle the line

\let\languagename\relax

This is just a dirty trick but it solves the problem
and in my tests produces no collateral damage.
Be sure to put the above line before any
sectioning commands (where the marks for the \output
routine are set). Still waiting for a true fix of course.

Enjoy,
Piero

Best regards,

Axel