Hej,

I'm using tetex 3.0 on a Slackware Linux machine. I'm writting a tex
document and when I load the resulting dvi file in KDvi, the program first
tries to create the fonts through metafont. However, there is an error
happening and taking a look at the missfont.log tells, that the following
command can not be executed:

mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 ptmb8r

If I execute this command on a normal shell, I first get the following
lines:

mktexpk: Running gsftopk ptmb8r 600
gsftopk(k) version 1.19.2V 81500
#^ 1 8 44 20 56 27.6445
P4
16 16

Afterwards a long list of binary data starts and at the end the following
error message is written:

Premature end of file
grep: ptmb8r.log: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
mktexpk: `gsftopk ptmb8r 600' failed to make ptmb8r.600pk.

Other fonts work, so maybe the problem is related to this specific font. Any
ideas how to resolve this issue?!

Sebastian