I'm trying to build tetex 3.0 from sources.  I follow the instructions in
INSTALL however the directory /usr/local/teTeX/bin never gets built.

Checking through configure.log I get the following errors:
from line 848

    checking lex output file root... flex: fatal internal error, exec failed
    Broken Pipe
    lex.yy
    checking whether yytext is a pointer... flex: fatal internal error, exec
failed
    Broken Pipe
    yes
    checking whether gcc asm needs underscore... no

Thing this may be a flex problem I reinstalled it.

Line 13 in configure.log is:

    checking for flex... flex

and line

    checking for bison... bison -y

Is there a way of checking if I have a working version of flex?

Proceeding to the make, world.log has the following errors:

Line 1094
    Expect one shift/reduce conflict.
    bison -y -d -v ./web2c.y
    conflicts: 1 shift/reduce
    make[3]: *** [y_tab.h] Broken Pipe
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/phineas/Latex/tetex-src-
3.0/texk/web2c/web2c'
    make[2]: *** [web2c/web2c] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/phineas/Latex/tetex-src-3.0/texk/web2c'
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/phineas/Latex/tetex-src-3.0/texk'
    make: *** [all] Error 1

Phineas Campbell

Phineas
Mobile: 07880 706 650