Thomas,

I just want to add that we are now quite sure that we are dealing here with a
bug in KDVI that has probably been introduced in KDE 3.3.
The real mystery is, why doesn't this KDVI bug manifest itself with files
generated by teTeX 2.

Also, the bug does not depend on the version of srcltx.sty used. I tried 1.2b
and 1.5.

Thanks for your help and for your work on teTeX,

Best,

Ben