Thank you so much : this is most probably the cause of the problem !

To check, I renamed my tex file to start with a number, say

2filename.tex

Then I launched a ForwardDVI Search in Kile at line 500. I got the error
message "KDVI was not able to locate the place in the DVI file which
corresponds to line 5002 in the TeX-file /path/to/filename.tex"

Thanks again. I'll report that to the KDVI team.

Best,

Ben