Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 12:10:06PM +0200, Felix Gatzemeier wrote:

I have installed teTeX 3.0 from the distribution on a Debian system with up-to-date packges from the 'testing' branch. In this configuration, teTeX's install-info conflicts with install-info from the dpkg package. Of the latter, I have version 1.10.27 installed, but the problem may be older. Debian's install-info accepts a -description="text" option, which teTeX's does not know about. This blocks package management if the teTeX binary happens to be in root's path.

install-info is among the programs not installed by the Debian teTeX packages.

I expected this kind of issues to be resolved there. I was just hoping that this information helps somewhere upstream.

> The Debian packages already handle such Debian specific
issues. Why don't you use the teTeX 3.0 packages from Debian experimental?

(a) I find life with "testing" exciting enough (I would have loved to stick with "stable", but that was way too old). And I have run a mixed installation for a while, which was not very comfy.

(b) I needed the kpathsearch header files to compile the LCDF TypeTools, which I need to convert OpenType fonts (the improved integration with teTeX is, btw, one of the great things about teTeX 3 I noticed). I didn't find any tetex-dev or similar packages for the testing distribution, so I decided to install teTeX directly - as I have done, over the years, since some 0.9 releases, so that was not such a daring thing to do.

Greetings,
Felix