I consider the case resolved with Adrian's pointer towards kpathsea-dev. This is just for completeness.

Thomas Esser wrote:

I expected this kind of issues to be resolved there. I was just hoping that this information helps somewhere upstream.

I am not sure what you expect. Is --without-texinfo what you are looking for?

I expected what Adrian reported; the sentence was meant to express my expectations being met: that the Debian-specific name clashes are resolved in Debian's package management. The second sentence was the justification for me posting the note: somewhere upstream of the Debian package management, folks (;-) may be interested in knowing of this clash (of which I haven't heard anything on the list).

I'm not sure whether --without-texinfo is the thing, since install-info is from the dpkg package and not something with 'info' in its name. The libkpathsea-dev package is probably more like it, since it fixes the original reason for compiling teTeX. But I'll try --without-texinfo next time around.

Greetings,
Felix