> I'm trying to make the mathematica fonts available under my tetex 3.0
> installation (SuSE9.3). The document I used
> http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/interface/export/tetexconfig.html
> refers to teTeX 1.0.

and its noticeably wrong.  i can't comment on step 1 (since i don't
know how the /usr/local/mathematica stuff is laid out), other than to
say the stuff ought to be going into a texmf local tree: run
  texmflocal=`kpsewhich --expand-path \$TEXMFLOCAL`
  export texmflocal

step 2 ought to mention a similar change to T1FONTS (also in
texmf.cnf)

personally i wouldn't do either of those steps, rather

a) make a new directory
   $texmflocal/fonts/type1/wolfram
b) copy the files int the mathematica Fonts/Type1 directory into it

(hey, disc is cheap nowadays...)

> Can anybody give me a hint how to adapt step 3. of the above document for
> tetex 3.0 so that dvips finds the mathematica fonts.

a) make a new directory $texmflocal/fonts/map/dvips/misc
b) copy wolfram.map to that directory
c) run texhash
d) run
   updmap-sys --enable Map wolfram.map

this (incidentally) will do the texhash again