Dear Experts,

i´ve tried to install teTex on a Linux-Webserver, where i have 100 MB available
for teTex.

I want´t to do this to run a mediawiki, where i want to typeset math formulas
online. Such things work fine at www.wikipedia.org,

I don´t have
root access, but a ssh connection. It´s even possible for me to compile the
sources online.

First i tried to follow the instructions in

http://www.tug.org/tetex/tetex-src/QuickInstall

Everything worked fine, but i don´t have enough disk space.

So i tried to find something different on the web to get a minimal installation
of TeX.

I found some instructions here:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/TeTeX-HOWTO-9.html

which seemed to be ideal for me. But searching the ftp-Server i just found the
same files like in

ftp://dante.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/unix/teTeX/current/distrib/

so i think this way is now obsolet. I couldn´t find the files install.sh which
i could have altered to suit my needs.

Is there any way to set up a minimal installation, just to run that mediawiki
and typeset the formulas?

I´m sure that many webservers run teTeX to allow mediawiki to typeset formulas.

Instructions are here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_User's_Guide:_Editing_mathematical_form
ulae

I searched a couple of days, but didn´t find something suitable.

I would appreciate every hint.

thanks in advance, sincerly
Chris