Martin Siegumfeldt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I use preview-latex through auc-tex in combination with emacs, which
> which doesn't show eps images either. Could this be due to an upgrade
> of Ghostscript?

You don't specify your version of preview-latex.  And reporting your
problem with
M-x preview-report-bug RET
would make much more sense (that would include version info).
Different versions of preview-latex had different ways of dealing with
various bugs in the "-dSAFER" option and related areas in GhostScript,
and it looks like you are getting bitten by something of that kind.