Hello,

I am looking for a volunteer.   How would you like to find a way to contribute
that would not take long, would help a lot of TeX users, and would let you see
your name in the credits?   If that sounds good, and you are reasonably
knowledgable about teTeX, then read on.

I maintain the TUG node of CTAN.  Often, people download something and then ask
me for installation advice.  A few years ago I wrote some up and I put a link
to it on the download page.

I heard nothing about that page, so I thought that no one read it.  Then I took
it down and I've since received lots of requests to have it back.  It is now at
  http://tug.ctan.org/installationadvice.html