Hello, Christopher.

---- Christopher Sawtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Saturday 17 June 2006 09:36, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I am looking for a volunteer.
> And what do want him, her, them to do?

The message that you are referring to got garbled.  (I wonder if there is some
difficulty since it also took a good three or four days to appear.)

The document that I referred to
  http://tug.ctan.org/installationadvice.html
will be linked-to from the page that a person sees when they download material
from the TUG CTAN site.  So this document would be widely read, especially by
newbies.  It needs a maintainer.   I am hoping to convince a teTeX person (and
a MiKTeX person for a separate page) to write step-by-step instructions on how
to install packages, and to agree to maintain that document.

To help someone know if they might be interested: the writing should favor
being prescriptive ("You need a local texmf tree") over a nuanced discussion of
options.  Also , short is better than long, to the extent possible.

Please, could anyone who might be interested contact me at ftpmaint (at)
tug.ctan.org ?  Thanks,
Jim Hefferon