Hi

I have a problem with TeX Memory. On page xi in The LaTeX CompanionIs
showed an overview of the memory used to compile the book. I have a
problem with these limits:

Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
 5126 strings out of 10894
 71940 string characters out of 71940
 101055 words of memory out of 263001
 7695 multiletter control sequences out of 10000+0
 198841 words of font info for 222 fonts, out of 400000 for 1000
 22 hyphenation exceptions out of 1000
 33i,20n,29p,943b,676s stack positions out of 300i,100n,500p,50000b,4000s
Output written on tmpTest.dvi (1286 pages, 4168772 bytes).

Now my question is if it is possible to raise these limits at compiletime
or be tweaking a variable somewhere?

I the LaTeX Companion is is mentioned that the font limit was nearly
reached and that it can not be raised. I am having trouble believing that
is true? What would the purpose be for not allowing these limits to be
scalable to the
system?

Best regards
        Mikael Hansen

"We are Microsoft. You will be assimilated.
        Resistance is Futile."