> No!!! I do know that there are people at a university computing center
> which get paid for helping the users. Just denying help is not
> acceptable! By the way, as a student, I have been working withing
> a computing center of a university.

Your reasoning sounds like this:

  I need help in renovating my flat.  People at a university computing center
  get paid for helping the users.  Just denying helping me with this is not
  acceptable!

Is this correct?

I am working at our department's computer center.  I am working 60-90
hours a week these times - at the beginning of term - trying to keep our
computer center running.  I'm not paid for my overtime.  In my spare
time I am one of the people administering CTAN, which I am not getting
paid for too.  I do this because I like my work and I like to help my users.

Guess what I am doing with someone who is requesting things (which may
be sensible but that's not the point) with your attitude.  A kick in
the ass is the least thing I can think of.

And I assume that the RRZN staff works as hard as myself.  So please
refrain from calling them names and go and play in your sand box.

Reinhard Zierke

--
Reinhard Zierke                       Universität Hamburg, FB Informatik
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      Vogt-Kölln-Straße 30, D-22527 Hamburg