j> On 30 Oct, Thomas Esser wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> since the administration of the RRZN ftp server
>> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) says that they have no time to fix the

j> What are they paid for ?

Are they paid at all? ftp server administration may be done on a
volunteer base. Ever heard of that?

If they are paid: Is this primarly for that kind of work? See the
email from Robin...

j> I think, teTeX is such a valuable contribution to the SCIENTIFIC
j> community that it should be an essential obligation for the computing
j> center to assist in any possible way.
j> It's just a shame !!!

Please inform yourself before you flame. Facts first, please. It's
just a shame for an academic to be so unscientific in public, isn't
it?

        Joachim
        [volunteer admin of ftp.tu-darmstadt.de]

Joachim Schrod                                  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Roedermark, Germany

        ``How do we persuade new users that spreading fonts across the page
        like peanut butter across hot toast is not necessarily the route to
        typographic excellence?''                       -- Peter Flynn