On 19-Dec-00 Reinhard Weiss wrote:
>>No, it starts up ind landscape mode all right.  What I mean is the Window
>>crops the right part of the page and displays only white there.  Fiddling
>>around with orientations doesn't help.  (Well, it does: if I force it to
>>display in portrait mode and turn the monitor 90 degrees it displays
>>everything fine. :-)
>>
>>  -rbk.
>>--
>>Richard Kreckel
>><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>><http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/~kreckel/>
>
> If you have not found a solution for your problem yet, the following
> "solution" may be interesting for you:
>
>         psresize -PA4 -pA4 infile.ps outfile.ps
>
> It works just fine with my version of PSUtils - it's Release 1
> Patchlevel 17 coming up with SuSE Linux 6.4, for example.

Hi!

I just got the same problem from an upgrade of ghostscript: 5.10 to 6.03 or
6.50.

gv rendering with gs5.10 displays the landscape page correctly. gv using gs
6.XX does not (starts in landscape but cuts off the right 1/4 of the page).

I found that a quite old solution works again (at least for LaTeX files):

dvips -t landscape -t A4size file.dvi
                     ^^^^^^^
instead of the default "-t a4"

This will use a different entry in the dvips/config.ps file and it will
display correctly with gs5.xx and gs6.xx. It seems the newer versions of gs
do something a little bit different.

gs5.10 and gs6.xx *standalone* produce the same output, so gs6.xx has much
better picture rendering and is faster.

I tried the psresize suggested by Reinhard Weiss and that works too.

K.-H.