Martin Buchholz writes:

 > It appears like xdvi.bin was built by someone named "rahtz", and not with
 > the standard AIX X11, but a non-standard /usr/local/X11R5.  Note that
 > every time this binary is executed on any system, it will try to
 > access /home/scri95/users/, possibly invoking an automounter search...

I 'fess up. I built those AIX binaries. Never again, thanks! It was a
nightmare. Maybe not all AIX systems are as screwy as the ones at
SCRI, but I don't have access to any others. I presume this binary
came from a TeX Live CD. The next incarnation has no AIX binaries on.

if anyone has a contact at IBM who wants to donate an RS6000 to the
TeXLive project, I'm listening.....

Sebastian Rahtz