On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Mancini Stephane wrote:

> Hi,
> How can I upgrade the pdflatex of the tetex distribution.
> I use tetex-1.0.7-35mdk.i586.rpm from Mandrake.
>
> pdflatex is 13d and I need 14h (or newer) to
> use the pdfpages package.
>
> Do I need to do it by myself ? and how ?
> Or is it scheduled ?

It isn't hard to install a newer pdftex from source.  You can either
replace your current versions or put the updated versions in a new place
(e.g., /usr/local).  You might want to get the 20011202 beta version of
teTeX and install the whole thing -- I've been using it a bit on both
Cygwin and SGI Irix without problems, and last night I installed it on my
home Mandrake system without difficulty (but haven't tested it beyond
building the formats, so there could be some bugs).

--
George White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Halifax, Nova Scotia