I use tetexx-1.0.7 in RH linux.

Today I learned the Sketch (vector graphics) program verion 0.6.12 has a
latex plugin described here:

http://www.sjh.f2s.com/sketchlatex/

and I'm trying to understand its comments about the tex distribution. It
says this:

Sketch needs to know about the LaTeX fonts in order to display them. In
particular a directory with the *.afm files has to be added to the
sketch font path.... The afm files are not needed by LaTeX, so may not
be included in your LaTeX distribution. If that's the case, you can
download the complete bluesky computer modern fontset distribution from
CTAN. On a CTAN mirror this will be at
fonts/cm/ps-type1/bluesky/cmps-unix.tar.gz.

I downloaded that package and I can't tell if it has fonts I don't
already have.  It has a bunch of files in the afm directory.

In contrast, the tetex distribution on my system under
/usr/share/texmf/fonts has directories
$ ls
adobe  bitstrea  hoekwater  public  urw  yandy

and *.afm files are distributed around in there.  I don't know where the
computer modern font information that Sketch wants is compared to the
bluesky fonts, or what the Sketch program wants.

Similarly, the X server font path needs to have the *.pfb files from
Latex, and that one has me stumped.

I administer 8 different RedHat systems, and don't want to have to
custom edit font stuff in each one unless really necessary, so I'm
asking here.

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]