> I see no reason whatsoever to prefer Gzip to Zip.

But other people might have good reasons to do so. Thus, I'd find it more
polite and inviting, if several solutions could exsist in parallel.
Forcing people to use just one method should have serious reasons like
running out of disk space or imposing too much workload on people
maintaining the archive (thanks a lot, Christian!). Thats what I ment with
"I prefer using..." in my last posting (sorry, should have expressed
myself more clearly).

> If we decide to link to .ps files experienced users will still have
> access to the .ps.gz files from the directory entries of the archive,
> i.e. from the composers' names as for example

Since ".../scores/Introduction.html" already contains a short explanation
what to find where, people knowing which type of format, compression or
what-so-ever they like to use should be able to find what they want.

Bernhard