[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  >|As an experiment I've using the new postscript slurs with one of my
>  >|typesettings and certainly *do* get nice slurs and ties out of that. But
>  >|when it comes to generating pdf scores then I'm in trouble. Neither
>  >|dvipdfm nor pdftex are able to handle the postscript specials. I get
>  >|lots of error messages.
>
> Have you tried dvips (configured to embed type 1 fonts) followed by ps2pdf?

This solution is useable:-)

In the readme file accompanying the type 1 version of my fonts for
mensural music notation
(http://icking-music-archive.sunsite.dk/software/musixtex/add-ons/old-feta.tar.gz)
there is a description of how to use an 'ad hoc' type 1 configuration
file for dvips.

Bye
--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus