Hello all,

I'm in the process of reinstalling all my software after upgrading to
a new PC.

Having (re)installed MikTeX 2.1, I see that the "full" installation
option automatically installs MusixTeX T.99, which is in one of the
.cab files in the download package.

Two questions:

One: I have a Zip file of T104, downloaded independently back when
Daniel announced it. Is it normal for MikTeX to refuse to use this as
a "local package repository" to install from, or am I making some
basic mistake?

Two: On the "Packages" tab of the MikTeX Options window, the musixps
PostScript fonts are listed as installed. But when I installed the
same version of MikTeX on my old machine, the same fonts were *not*
available in any useable form. (That, though, was an upgrade
installation over Miktex version 1.[whatever] and not a fresh install
like the current one.) So, how can I test whether the fonts are, in
fact, installed and available?

Three: (ok, so sue me <grin>) Can anyone tell me the current version
numbers for:

 - Ghostscript
 - GSView
 - Acrobat Reader (and whether the current version is any better than
   its predecessors at displaying/printing slurs)?

Thanks in advance.
Eva

--
"Bach ist der Vater, wir sind die Buben. Wer von uns
was Rechtes kann, hat's von ihm gelernt."