"taupin (wanadoo-lps)" wrote:

> > "ed.marr" wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I am looking for guitar chord structure for canticle of jean
> > racine. I found your arrangement on the nets GMD sheet music archive
> > but the file is corrupted. It won't open. Any help is appreciated.
> > ThankYou. Ed Marr
>
> The problem come from the Icking archive: due to something which I do
> not control, a file of name *.ps.gz is stored by my Netscape 6.79 as
> *.ps.ps . Such a file is not ocrrectly opened by ghostscript and other
> softs.
>
> This is NOT a fault of my configuration, since other *.ps.gz in personal
> home site ( http://perso.wanadoo.fr/daniel.taupin ) are correctly
> transferred and opened by GhostView.
>
> ---> Immediate bypass: save racine.ps.* as it likes, and rename
> racine.ps.ps -> racine.ps.gz.
> Then it will be correctly opened by GhostView and others.
>
> ---> Christian/Din please look at this strange feature.

The file saved in the Icking Archive is
http://icking-music-archive.sunsite.dk/scores/taupin/organ_choirs/faure/racine.ps.gz,
ie a compressed postscript file. It depends on the browser used for
accessing the archive whether it is possible to open the file
immediately. With Microsoft's Internet Explorer you'll have to save the
file to your harddisk first and then afterwards open it with gsview
while it is possible to configure Netscape & Mozilla to use gsview as a
so-called helper-application for opening compressed postscript files.

However, far the most scores available in the archive are in PDF format.
Even Internet Explorer should be able to handle that format properly:-)

Bye
--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus