Hi Daniel,

From: "taupin (wanadoo-lps)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [TeX-music] Adapting MusiXTeX for people not using latin alphabets.
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:18:26 +0200

>  Due to a complaint coming from a russion music typesetter,

I'm one of those, but I don't see any real problem with the current
toolset of MusiXTeX. Thank you anyway.

I use a custom set of Type 1 fonts for all textual fragments of
scores, because I prepare PDFs as the final output format, and the
standard Russian complements to cm fonts became available in Type 1 format
only recently (with the help of this great font tracing utility announced here
several months ago), and these fonts are too wide anyway for lyrics.

There is a more important request, related to lyrics, that is to allow to break
words with hyphen+blanks instead of just hyphen within a line of lyric, so that
one can type:

( a4 b4 c4 b4 [ a8 g8 ] a4 ) g8 ga8 g8 ga8 g8  ca8
  Ma-                        ry has a  lit-tle lamb.

Now one has to type:

( a4 b4 c4 b4 [ a8 g8 ] a4 ) g8 ga8 g8 ga8 g8  ca8
  Ma-ry                         has a  lit-tle lamb.

Which is less visual.

But this request of probably to go to to the authors of PMX/M-Tx. (And
also it would be great not to beam eights by default when the style is set
to Choral).

Thank you

Alexander