Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
Dear friends,

I'm trying to typeset a semiquaver sextuplet figure in two groups of
three notes, with the lower of the two beams interrupted between note
stems three and four. [...]

As a collector of sheet music, I can say that this way linking two sets
of double beams with a single beam is a 19th century engraving
habit. You'd better write two *independent* sets of *three*
semiquavers, unless you want to mimic old editions.
which you might want every now and then, especially in the case of urtext editions of 18th century music in which beaming sometimes was a means of indicating phrasings.
--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus