On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Johan Tufvesson wrote:

> Hi
>
> The recent question about different number of voices reminded me of an old
> problem I have. When making large scores with several pieces/movements
> with different number of instruments I usually have one handcoded tex file
> which include all the different tex files generated by M-Tx and PMX. This
> works fine with instrumental pieces and vocal pieces where the lyrics
> belong to the same instrument in all movements, but when the number of
> vocal staffs change between movements, the placement of the lyrics goes
> wild.

I had the same problem. One example is my edition of Goudimel's reformed psalms
with alternating simple SATB and motet-like SATB4. It is necessary to
reset the assignment of the lyrics. I used for instance the macro
\iistav to switch back to 2 staves:
\def\iistav{\def\nbinstruments{2}\setstaffs11\setclef16
  \setstaffs21\setclef20\setsize2{\normalvalue}\grouptop{1}{2}
  \groupbottom{1}{1}\resetclefsymbols
  \startpiece\addspace\afterruleskip%
  \relativeaccid\bigaccid\assignlyrics{1}{}}
Note \assignlyrics{n}{} which resets the assignment of lyrics.

Christof