Hello everyone,

I don't know if it is the tradition of this list, but as this is my first
posting let me introduce myself.

My name is Jim Bailey. I teach mathematics at a two-year college in
Cranbrook, British Columbia in Canada. I play piano and harpsichord. About a
month ago I downloaded MikTeX and TeXnicCenter to learn how to typeset
Mathematics. I soon became aware of MusiXTeX and when I ran up against a
brick wall I contacted Don Simons who pointed out my problem and suggested
that I join this list (thanks, Don!) I have been lurking for about two
weeks.

A question about PMX. I am typesetting some music for piano four hands using
PMX and need to put in pedal indications. I can't see anything in the manual
about it, so I assume that you have to use the MusiXTeX commands \PED\ and
\DEP\ but when I do this there are frequent collisions with bass notes. I
would like to move the pedal indications down; I assume that I could do this
with \def\raiseped{-7}\ or \zcharnote A{\Ped}\ (or whatever.) Is there a
more elegant solution within PMX?

Jim Bailey
College of the Rockies
Cranbrook, BC, Canada