Jim Bailey wrote
> A question about PMX. I am typesetting some music for piano four
> hands using
> PMX and need to put in pedal indications. I can't see anything in
> the manual
> about it, so I assume that you have to use the MusiXTeX commands \PED\ and
> \DEP\ but when I do this there are frequent collisions with bass notes. I
> would like to move the pedal indications down; I assume that I
> could do this
> with \def\raiseped{-7}\ or \zcharnote A{\Ped}\ (or whatever.) Is there a
> more elegant solution within PMX?

How about something like D"\PED"+6 ?  To my eye it works with +6 offset for
any level of bass note whether below or inside the staff, but you could
change the offset as you like, and you could change it case by case. And if
there were a whole lot of them with the same offset, you could define a PMX
macro

MS1 D"\PED"+6 M

and then just enter MP1 for each marking.

--Don Simons