Andre Van Ryckeghem wrote:
It is very easy to work with it because of the tweak possibilities.
I tried a sharp on the upper note of the last chord, with stem down. It collapsed a
little bit with
the b.
then i tweaked 3 accidentals.
This is the way it should go?

well - not quite according to Gardner Read in his 'Music Notation' 2nd ed., Boston 1969. On page 134 there is a series of examples on placement of accidentals in chords alonq with some comments on rules and guidelines for placement of accidentals. None of these examples, some of them being comparable to the below example, have the accidentals cascading leftwards from the top like in chord 2 and 3 below. Among the main principles is to have as few accidental 'columns' as possible.

Generally I recommend Gardner Read's book (evaluated as _the_ standard in the Lilypond engraving bibliography). Unfortunately it is out of print and must be purchased second hand. I managed to do so a few months ago.

Andre

============
1 1 3 4 3 4 0 0
1 1 20 0

./
Abr
K-4+0
w3i
b43 zdf ze zgf zaf zb zdf
  df zef zgf zaf zbf zdf
  d-lfA<1 zef zgf zaf zbfA<.7 zdsA<.7 /

Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus
Brendstrupgaardsvej, DK 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Phone: +45 89 49 53 01 - http://www.scandiatransplant.org