Hello list,

I am having problems installing the newer versions of PMX on Linux. I
used the ZIPs provided by Don, 2.411 through 2.414, unpacked them with
the -a option to get rid of the CR-LF linebreaks and the trailing ^Z
EOF-character in the Fortran source file and renamed the source file:
              mv pmx2414.for pmxab.f

1st attempt: g77
===============

Using g77 version 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE) (from FSF-g77 version 0.5.25 20010315
(release)), I tried the following:
            g77 pmxab.f -o pmxab
...which produced the following output, giving exit status 1:

pmxab.f:562:
           call getarg(1,jobname,idum) ! May need to replace this w/ next l
                ^
Too many arguments passed to intrinsic `GETARG' at (^)
pmxab.f:575:
             call getarg(2,jobname,idum) ! May need to replace this w/ next
                  ^
Too many arguments passed to intrinsic `GETARG' at (^)

No binary was produced.

2nd attempt: f2c
===============

f2c -C -Nn802 -Nx400 pmxab.f
gcc -Wall pmxab.c -lf2c -lm -o pmxab

yields an executable pmxab, but it immediately fails with a segmentation
fault on every input file.

Packages used here were:
        f2c-0.11-338
        gcc 2.95.3

All this worked well using the tarball for Linux found on the archive for
an old PMX 2.4.

3rd attempt: wine
================

My last resort was the win32 binary included in the package, using
wine. It works pretty well, not even slow, but as a Linuxer, I am not
really happy with it. What have I done wrong?

4. Concerning PMX

With the new PMX running, I am really happy with the first and second
part slurs on linebreaks. Thank you very much, Don! The results are very
nice!

Best regards,

Juergen

--
Jürgen Fleck                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wilh.-Gerlach-Str. 17