Hello Don,

thanks for the "shot" ;-)

- Viewer
  I am using AcroRead 4.05 and gv 3.5.8/gs 5.50. Both show the same
  grainy output of letters.
- config.ps
  Christian Mondrup once sent me a config.type1 with all those "p
  +foo.map". In my config.pdf was an option "G" which made all note heads
  dissappear. You were right as far as config.ps is concerned. I have now
  added all the mappings to this file.
- map files
  I even tried to add "p +foo.map" for EVERY .map file I found. No
  success.
- PDF creation
  However, the resulting PS was not the problem, it is great, be it
  the normal letters or the music and slur fonts, everything looks
  type1. The problem is really just with the PDF file. I tried a download
  of PStill, but this free ps-to-pdf converter crashed when it came to
  the musix fonts (I was not very patient with finding a solution). I do
  not have the Acrobat distiller ($$$). Are there free distillers out
  there working with MusiXTex under Linux?
- Exception
  The only letters embedded as type1 fonts in the PDF are those in an M-Tx
  "Title:" line (only if I do not choose any font, e.g. \Bigtype).
- dvipdfm/type M slurs
  dvipdfm is officially incompatible with type K slurs. If you take the
  chance, you see that it really is (no slurs in the resulting PDF).
  1. Can this be changed?
  2. I am using type M slurs which work perfectly with dvipdfm, including
     type1 letters... However, when I want control over linebreak slurs,
     I MUST use the Apl PMX option which enables type K slurs and thus
     cripples dvipdfm again, resulting in the problems discussed
     above. Isn't there a way for using type M slurs with line break
     slurs?

Best regards,

J"urgen

--
Jürgen Fleck                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wilh.-Gerlach-Str. 17