Don Simons wrote:
Olivier wrote

Dear Christian,

Would you like to get that?

% 24-25
m4400 b8 o> g c4 \MB{1.5}\ r4 r8 c |
L: fri-ske Kys, Pe-
m4400 (d bu4- Dmf-3+1 zg zd cu8+ )f-7 zg zc- [ g8++ o. e o. c o.
a o. ] cu za ze o. |
m4400 r4db [+2-2 g8 Df-2+1 o.-10 e o.-10 c o.-9 ]j r4b |
m4400 r2b r4b [jl a8 o. ] r8b |
m4400 Cb (u f4- e8 )f r8+0 rd4+0 f8s o. |

After translating this back to PMX :-) I see that it works exactly as
advertised, no new features required. Christian, I'm curious what syntax you
tried that did not work.

some stupid one, I guess:-) The above listed syntax works perfectly. I've updated score and source file accordingly.

On the stylistic front, I wonder why staff-jumping would be preferred to
ledger lines in this case.

my wish for a staff jumping beam is not based on any _stylistic_ consideration but primarily on the wish to get as close as possible to my typesetting original (http://img.kb.dk/adl/aarestrup/noder/Laarem003.pdf). Secondarily I believe that the original printing of the song reflects some _pianistic_ thinking: notes in the lower staff are to be played by the left hand. I'm a mediocre keyboard player myself and would actually prefer to have all 4 notes in the beam group in question typeset within the upper staff in order to facilitate _score reading_. But my wife who is a much more skilled piani player says that a piano score typesetting should reflect _piano playing_.

Thanks also to Olivier for an in-line tex solution. However, since M-Tx/PMX actually supports what I want to do ...:-)

It was the d*#@ line-ending characters! Why doesn't everyone just use
Windows? :-)

Dirk Laurie wrote:

Some of us are too poor to buy it, others are too honest to pirate it, still others are too idealistic to use non-free software (among TeX users this is maybe the largest group) -- and all of us enjoy not having to worry about viruses.

I belong myself to that segment of mankind using open source linux operating systems. When publishing the score contributed by typesetters using musixtex et.al. and other input text based programs I always publish the accompanying source files in the unix end-of-line format. That's _one_ possible source file standard format. Of course I could have chosen another one:-)

The only clean solution: write your own input routine which is capable of
handling the different line end codings.

Feel free to use already existing tools like dos2unix / fromdos (vs.
unix2dos / todos) usually shipped with Unix-like OS distributions. The
relevant Debian package is e.g. called sysutils.

There is a powerfull GNU text file conversion utility 'recode' coming with (probably) all linux flavours. It converts not only between end-of-line formats but also between different character codings. I strongly recommend that program.

Bye
--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus