To all--

The real problem here--and a major stumbling block in my re-editing
musixdoc--is trying to get a clear, overall picture of the relationships
among all the "context-changing" options, and at the same time understanding
all the details necessary to explain these commands in a manual. I feel
strongly that there should be a section roughly corresponding to the current
2.15 "Changing score attributes," where everything necessary about defining
and changing key signatures, meters, and clefs is explained. Here are the
commands that I can find that should be included: \changecontext,
\Changecontext, \zchangecontext, \changesignature, \generalsignature,
\setsign, \setclef, \changeclefs, \zchangeclefs, \setmeter,
\settrebleclefsymbol, \setaltoclefsymbol, \setbassclefsymbol,
\resetclefsymbols, \setclefsymbol.

There are also \alaligne and \alapage which evidently have some of the same
effects on key signatures, meter changes, and clef changes as \chengecontext
etc, and also \pchangecontext and \pChangecontext, which are defined in
musixtex.tex but are not even mentioned in musixdoc.

If anyone would care to volunteer to try wring such a section, explaining
all these commands in detail, their interactions, and where they are
supposed to be used (i.e., inside or outside \notes..\en, inside or outside
\startpiece...\stoppiece or \contpiece...\stoppiece), in a much more
coherent and organized way than the random treatment they have in the
current document, future musixtexers would be grateful.

--Don Simons