Thanks VERY much for posting these files. It's interesting on several
levels.

Regarding PMX: I used the wonderful old program MidiNotate to analyze the
MIDI file. When it creates its version of the score from the MIDI, there is
no visual offset between voices. And at normal speed I could not hear any
offset. But this is harpsichord music, which I'm so used to hearing played
staggered that I might not have noticed anyhow. However when I slow it way
down, to 1/10 normal speed, I can very clearly hear the offset. I guess the
amount of offset is less than the granularity of MidiNotate's notational
sensibilities.

Regarding the music itself (which interests me greatly because I'm a
harpsichordist): I've played some pretty obscure stuff (Weckmann, LeRoux,
Galuppi, Storace [which I've also published]...) but never tackled any
Royer. I'm not a bad player, but the technical requirements of his stuff are
often beyond me. I can't figure out why he made it so incredibly hard to
play, and when I do hear it played properly, I can't decide whether I should
be more impressed with the music or with the technique required to play it.
In this particular piece, one puzzlement is with the 128th notes...did he
really think anyone could play this at a sensible tempo and make the
distinction between them and the preceeding 64ths? I also wonder about how
to divide between the hands the notes in bars 14-15, 34, and 36-37. There
are certainly no hints in the way you've typeset it. Are there any hints in
your source? Are the beam directions in the source the same as in the PMX?
Are the notes all in the same staff, as they are in the PMX? The passages
could both clearly be done straightforwardly with two hands, but I don't see
anything that tells that to the performer. In my Storace, I adhered
religiously to the disposition between staves in the facsimile, which in
that case obviously dictated the disposition between hands.

As to your question about slur directions on graces, I'm afraid there simply
aren't any options (yet) for adjusting their positions. (I did a double take
in bars 31-32 until I realized that the upper slur really applies to the
lower notes and vice versa.) Your best bet for now is to enter the slurs
with inline TeX. You can both start and stop the slur on the main note by
using \loffset for the start. Let me know if you want an example.

--Don Simons