On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Don Simons wrote:

> I'm going to get a new computer soon, and will try these instructions then.
> Until then, it's hard to make any sensible comments.

Christof helped me a lot in private, and it seems I'll soon be able to
reduce my instructions to this:

"if you've installed MiKTeX successfully you've installed MusiXTeX
successfuly too."

This because the CTAN distribution has all necessary type-1 fonts. The only
remaining problems are:

1: The CTAN distribution misses musixtex.bat and musixflx.exe. The CTAN
considers a "one pass system" only, but acceptable for short exerpts in a TeX
or LaTeX document.

2: the CTAN musixtex.tex dates from 2003. We must agree about the last
modifications before the updated musixtex.tex makes its way to CTAN.

Jean-Pierre Coulon                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]