  -----Original Message-----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Don Simons
  Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 4:52 PM
  To: Werner Icking Music Archive
  Subject: Re: [TeX-Music] Shift grace notes

  I'm afraid this one will be very difficult to do with any finesse. For one
thing, you can't enter inline TeX in the middle of a PMX grace. For this and
other reasons you'll probably need to use some brute strength in-line TeX,
very likely just manually setting the entire grace, and maybe putting in
some extra space for the entire grace using X in PMX. To get started, get
the TeX commands for the unaltered grace. Make that whole string of stuff a
new macro defined as type-2 inline TeX. Remove the PMX grace command.
Convert all pitches in the macro to numbers. Then stick in some \roffset
commands where needed. To shift the FIRST note, you have to shift both the
\ib.. and the \zqb.., for an intermediate note just the \zqb, and for the
last note of the grace, the \tb.. and the \zqb. As I said, do this all in a
macro defined as type 2 inline TeX. That's because it'll probably be too
long to squeeze on a single line, so you can't do it directly as inline at
the point of action. After defining it as a macro, then issue the macro as
type 1 inline in PMX at the point of action right before the main note. Make
sure the macro doesn't add or subtract any horizontal space.

  Now you see why I'm not volunteering to build this into PMX. It can get
very complicated, and there's just not much call for this
capability...you're the first one who's ever asked about it.

  --Don Simons