Don, you are right. For proof reading the present capability is perfect.
Could you tell me a source, where I can learn more about the Midi-Format?

Regards,
Dieter
Am 19.05.2011 16:57, schrieb Don Simons:

Yes, it would be very difficult. Doing just one tie alone was difficult, because several separate "notes" in the input stream map into only one midi event. If anyone else cares to dig into the FORTRAN source code, be my guest!

But please keep in mind that the midi capability was only intended to be for "proof-listening," not for making publication quality sound files.

--Don

*From:*tex-music-boun...@tug.org [mailto:tex-music-boun...@tug.org] *On Behalf Of *DIETER glötzel
*Sent:* Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:37 AM
*To:* Werner Icking Music Archive
*Subject:* Re: [Tex-music] Ties and Volta / multiple ties in midi

Hi Don,

yes, I am using windoze. And yes Olivier was right. At first I was missing the last empty line, and in this case the Vb2 was not processed.

May I put a completely different question? Would it be very difficult to make the midi generator of PMX aware of multiple ties within a chord?

Thanks to everybody!

Dieter