Not clear to me what the issue is. Please look at result from the following
source. First two 5-bar sets are exactly what you posted and I don't see
anything inconsistent with the coding. In the last set I gave a dot to the
first note under the tie and again I don't see a problem.

Also, you should use postscript slurs, activated by Ap, to get real ties.

=========================
2 2 3 4 9 8 0 0
0 5 20 0

bt
.\
Ap
g23d fd ed d4.c b c d2 /
g44x3n fs g bx3n a b dx3n c d \pt{m}\ f4 a-4x3n g a cx3n b c
  ex3n d e \pt{n}\ g4 b-x3n a b dx3n c d f4 fx3n g d r2d /

% Unfortunately this breaks when I try to tie one of these fake-dotted
% crotchets to the following quaver, i.e. this causes broken output:

g23d fd ed d4.c b c d2 /
g44x3n fs g bx3n a b dx3n c d \pt{m}\ f4 a-4x3n g a cx3n b c ex3n d e
\pt{n}\ g4
  b-x3n a b dx3n c d f4 t fx3n t g d r2d /

% Not clear what the question or problem is. I don't see anything broken
here.
% Do you want the tie in the 4th bar of the example to start on a dotted
note?

g23d fd ed d4.c b c d2 /
g44x3n fs g bx3n a b dx3n c d \pt{m}\ f4 a-4x3n g a cx3n b c ex3n d e
\pt{n}\ g4
  b-x3n a b dx3n c d \pt{n}\ f4 t fx3n t g d r2d /
==========================

--Don Simons

Behalf Of
>Edward Lilley
>Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 4:26 PM
>To: tex-music@tug.org
>Subject: [Tex-music] Ties and dotted notes in triplets
>
>Hello everyone
>
>I'm wondering how to sort out the following issue: I've got a part in
>9/8 over a part in 3/4, so I'm spoofing the 9/8 by writing it out in
>triplets, but I can't find a way to get PMX to fill an entire triplet
>(of crotchet duration) with a single dotted crotchet. I fixed it with
>inline TeX like so:
>(...)
>m3496
>g2d fd ed d4.c b c d2 /
>g4x3n fs g bx3n a b dx3n c d \pt{m}\ f4 a-4x3n g a cx3n b c ex3n d e
\pt{n}\ g4 b-
>x3n a b dx3n c d f4 fx3n g d r2d /
>
>Unfortunately this breaks when I try to tie one of these fake-dotted
>crotchets to the following quaver, i.e. this causes broken output:

v      v
>g4x3n fs g bx3n a b dx3n c d \pt{m}\ f4 a-4x3n g a cx3n b c ex3n d e
\pt{n}\ g4 b-
>x3n a b dx3n c d f4 t fx3n t g d r2d /

^      ^