From: TeX-Music [mailto:tex-music-boun...@tug.org] On Behalf Of Don Simons
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 7:56 AM
To: 'Werner Icking Music Archive'
Subject: Re: [Tex-music] PMX question : how to apply the "don’t worry about
linebreaks till the very end" philosophy

You’re right, delete mx2. I use a batch script to do compilations so I forget.
Also, there really no reason not to delete both mx1 and mx2 before recompiling.

There are two different ways that PMX can control line breaking, as explained
quite clearly in the PMX manual.

The first is to specify in the header exactly how many systems you want
(nsyst). You also then have to set npages to the exact number of pages you want.

The second way, which is best used when you are first inputting a score, is to
set the number of bars per system. You do this by setting  npages = 0 and nsyst
= number of bars per system. PMX will then figure out how many total systems
and pages to use.

--Don Simons