Hello all,

I used to be quite an active user of MusixTeX for classical guitar
typesetting, but have been occupied with other things for something like
six years now. I'd like to take it up again with a view to completing a few
projects I left unfinished back then, but it's been so long that my last
working installation of TeX/MusixTeX was several computers ago.

So I'm returning to this list with much the same request for help that I
posted back on Mutex years and years ago -- would anyone be kind enough to
talk me through the process of setting up the requisite software on my
current machine? Just yesterday I installed Linux Mint 15 on a spare
partition and this is the OS I'd prefer to run TeX and MusixTeX on, but I'm
still finding my way around and I don't even know yet whether anything I'll
need comes preinstalled in Mint. I also have no facility at all in finding
my way around a Linux system at any level deeper than the GUI, so I'd be
grateful if any forthcoming advice and explanations were tailored to my
level of inexpertise!

Thanks in advance
Eva-Raphaela