On Sun, 18 Aug 2013, Don Simons wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to draw an ARBITRARY diagonal line. There's a
macro \varline in musixtex.tex that is used for xtuplet brackets, but it
doesn't work as I would expect from the description:

I use the macro in the attached file to draw dotted lines. With small deltax and deltay the dots will join together and I think you will have what you want.

I can't seem to remember who helped me for this on our list.

Bye,

Jean-Pierre Coulon
\input musixtex

\newdimen\deltax
\deltax=.5\elemskip
\newdimen\deltay
\deltay=1\internote
\newcount\indice
\newdimen\xpos
\newdimen\ypos

%1: height above fisrt line (as in \varline),
%2: number of iterations, %3: text as in \zcharnote
\def\maboucle#1#2#3{%
\xpos=0pt
\ypos=#1\internote
\indice=1